I have discovered the easiest, quickest, cheapest dessert on the planet! Marshmellows dipped in chocolate and then covered with sprinkles - or graham crackers, or cookie crumbs, or whatever else you have around that you can use to dress these babies up. I swear these took me no more than 15 minutes to make (including prep time) and look at how cute they are when they're done -
I made them for the first time bright and early this morning for my church's Connection Sunday (aka potluck). They're perfect if you have a group event to go to because you can whip up a whole bunch in no time and they're easy to serve. I hate dragging plates and bowls and serving utensils to big events because something always seems to get lost. These couldn't be easier; just plop them on a plate and you're good to go.
Giant marshmellows (you could use the mini ones too, but giant's easier to work with)
Sprinkles / cookies crumbs
* I used Wilton's meltable chocolate from Michaels ... they come in all sorts of fun colors and melt very easily in the microwave. If you don't have time to get to Michaels or a specialty shop you can use any meltable chocolate, including candy bars.
1. Melt the chocolate on the stove top or in the microwave
2. Dip and roll the marshmellow in the chocolate
3. Dip and roll the marshmellow in the sprinkles
4. Put the marshmellow to the side for a few minutes to allow the chocolate and sprinkles to set
5. Serve & enjoy
It's THAT simple! :)