I also love baking banana bread because it's so painlessly easy. The recipe I use is a low-fat Betty Crocker recipe (see below) but from what I've seen most banana bread recipes are pretty similar and I've never met a banana bread I didn't like!
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 2 or 3 large bananas
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk (I used skim and it turned out just fine)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (I used walnuts) if desired.
Directions- In a big mixing bowl, stir the sugar and butter until they're well mixed. Stir in the eggs until well mixed. Stir in the bananas, milk and vanilla; beat with a spoon until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt until just moistened. Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a 8x4 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle walnuts or coconut on top, if desired.
- Bake the loaf for about an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack
Follow my blog with Bloglovin